Little Habits, Huge Health Payoffs
10-Second Eat-Healthy Moves
- Order veggie soup. Starting a meal with it can reduce your total calorie intake by 20 percent.
- Display fruit. Putting it in plain sight inspires good-for-you noshing.
- Drink water, not soda. Swapping it three times a week will save you about 21,216 calories a year.
- Ask for a side salad. Compared with those who skip their veggies, you'll benefit from higher levels of folic acid and vitamins C and E.
- Trade salt for a lemon squeeze. Taking half a teaspoon of salt from your diet every day can help reduce your heart disease risk by 25 percent.
Originally published in FITNESS magazine, November 2007.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.