- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Tight Abs and Tush: Ballet-Inspired Moves
Moves that require balance and stabilization to fire up your glutes and make your core sizzle.
Targets abs, butt, thighs, and calves
- Holding a resistance band, stand with feet wider than shoulder-width apart, toes turned out slightly; fold band in half, then grasp an end in each hand.
- Raise arms to shoulder level in front of you, pulling ends of band to create tension, and lower into a plié squat.
- Maintaining plié position, pulse up and down a few inches for 5 reps, then lift both heels off floor and pulse up and down for 5 reps. Lower left heel to floor and pulse for 5 reps with right heel lifted; then lower right heel and lift left heel and pulse for 5 reps.
- Return to start and repeat. Do 2 sets.
- MAKE IT HARDER: Pull arms farther apart to create more tension in the band.
© Copyright 2013 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.