The secret-weapon workout that sculpts and shrinks everything.
Reverse Lunge with Punch and Front Kick
Targets shoulders, biceps, triceps, abs, butt, and legs
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, stand with feet hip-width apart, arms by sides.
- Lunge back with left leg, bending right knee 90 degrees as you lower left knee toward floor. At the same time, bend elbows to bring dumbbells up to chest level, then extend arms forward to shoulder height in a slow jab motion. (Keep head, shoulders, and torso above hips.)
- Stand up, kicking left leg forward to hip height, toes pointed, as you lower arms to sides. Do 15 to 25 reps; switch sides and repeat.
- MAKE IT EASIER: Rather than kicking leg forward, bring knee up to hip height.
- Run in place as fast as you can, really pumping arms, for 30 to 60 seconds.
© Copyright 2014 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.