- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Winter Workout: Strengthening Moves for Skiing, Snowboarding, and Ice Skating
Breakthrough moves to give your booty a ski-lift and get your body fit to hit the slopes this season.
Targets butt, quads, and calves
- Stand with feet together holding a dumbbell in each hand.
- Lower into a deep squat, torso hinged forward in a tuck position, and bend elbows by ribs 90 degrees, palms facing each other (as if skiing).
- Maintaining tuck, pivot on balls of feet to face toward left, then pulse up and down 1 inch for 4 counts.
- Pivot back to center, repeat pulse; pivot to right, repeat pulse, to complete 1 rep.
- Do 5 reps, then repeat 5 reps, this time pulsing only 2 counts at left, center and right. Do 2 sets.
- MAKE IT HARDER: Jump to change direction rather than pivoting.
© Copyright 2014 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.