Turn your home into a playing field with our calorie-blasting backyard boot camp routine.
Targets shoulders, back, triceps, abs, obliques, and butt
- Start in full push-up position with hands shoulder-width apart on the seat of a sturdy bench or chair, legs extended behind you, feet on ground.
- Lifting right hand off chair, rotate body to right into side plank position; rest right foot on top of left foot and reach right arm overhead, balancing body on left arm and foot.
- Bring right knee and right elbow together at chest level. MAKE IT HARDER: Hold arm and knee in crunched position for 3 extra counts.
- Return to side plank position.
- Repeat for 1 minute. Switch sides for next circuit.
Originally published in FITNESS magazine, July/August 2012.
© Copyright 2014 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.