- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
"I Dropped Five Dress Sizes!"
Just in time for her big day, FITNESS helped bride-to-be Darcy Wilson, 33, shed 21 pounds and 12 inches.
Grab some weights.
Dance and cardio classes are great, but to get faster results, my trainer, Julie, did an hour of circuit training with me three times a week. On other days I would do moves she chose from FITNESS Fast Track to a Better Body ($20, amazon.com).
- Sit on floor with knees bent and feet flat, holding a dumbbell in each hand. Bend elbows by sides, bringing dumbbells in front of shoulders, palms facing in.
- Lean back slightly and extend arms overhead as you lift feet a few inches off floor, bringing knees toward chest.
- Hold position for 1 to 3 counts; lower dumbbells to shoulder and heels to floor to complete 1 rep. Do 15 reps.
Pike and Extend
- Lie faceup on floor with legs together, arms extended toward ceiling. Lift legs directly over hips, then crunch up, reaching hands toward feet.
- Keeping legs straight, lower arms behind head as you lower upper back and left leg toward floor.
- Crunch up, lifting left leg back over hips and reaching hands to toes. Switch legs and repeat to complete 1 rep. Do 10 reps.
Chest Flye Bicycle
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, lie faceup on floor with knees bent 90 degrees over hips, arms extended directly above chest, palms in.
- Keeping right knee bent, straighten left leg toward floor.
- Lower arms out to sides with elbows slightly bent. Hold, then return to start. Do 10 reps; switch legs and repeat.
© Copyright 2013 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.