- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Pair Up and Slim Down: The Couple Workout
Quit the cuddling and spend some QT time at the gym instead. "Research shows that 94 percent of couples stick with their fitness programs when they work out together," says Jari Love, certified personal trainer and fitness DVD star. Here, some moves to try together.
Targets abs, glutes, hamstrings, and lower back
You don't have to make your partner suffer through an entire yoga class if it's not his cup of tea. Instead, try this stretch from Alycea Ungaro, owner of Real Pilates NYC and author of Pilates Practice Companion for an exercise to increase stamina and flexibility.
- Lie on stomach, facing your partner head-to-head with outstretched arms. Your arms should be able to slightly overlap.
- Place hands atop your partner's and lift your head, chest, arms, and legs to begin.
- Anchor your chest into the floor and slowly paddle arms and legs in a swimming motion, using your partner's rhythm and pressure to resist yours.
- Keep shoulders away from your ears, continue to paddle for 5 long breaths, reaching and lengthening with each paddle.
- Lower gently and switch hand placement to complete one full set. Do 3 sets.
© Copyright 2014 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.