- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Pair Up and Slim Down: The Couple Workout
Quit the cuddling and spend some QT time at the gym instead. "Research shows that 94 percent of couples stick with their fitness programs when they work out together," says Jari Love, certified personal trainer and fitness DVD star. Here, some moves to try together.
Alternating Box Jump
Targets hamstrings and quads
This low-impact plyometric move effectively strengthens yours legs while challenging your stamina, says Tiffany Boucher, personal trainer at Equinox, Greenwich. Though this move can be done solo, pairing up for the rapid hip flexion motion ensures you're both maintaining proper form. Any stable surface works -- just make sure to pick a height you're both comfortable with.
- Face each other and place a 6- to 10-inch box between you.
- Take turns jumping on and off the box in a squat position, making sure to land lightly with each jump. After landing back on the ground, your partner completes the same move.
- If needed, lightly join hands with outstretched arms for balance.
- Each partner jumps 15 to 20 times for 2 to 3 sets.
- Make it harder: Add 3- to 5-pound dumbbells to each hand during jumps.
© Copyright 2013 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.