- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Yoga 101: Poses for Beginners
New to yoga? Try these basic yoga poses to get stronger and more flexible.
Stretches shoulders, hips, and back; increases circulation; tones abdomen; strengthens obliques
- Sit on the floor with your legs extended.
- Cross right foot over outside of left thigh; bend left knee. Keep right knee pointed toward ceiling.
- Place left elbow to the outside of right knee and right hand on the floor behind you.
- Twist right as far as you can, moving from your abdomen; keep both sides of your butt on the floor. Stay for 1 minute.
- Switch sides and repeat.
- Make it easier: Keep bottom leg straight and place both hands on raised knee. If your lower back rounds forward, sit on a folded blanket.
© Copyright 2013 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.