- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Yoga Poses for Beginners
New to yoga? Try these basic yoga poses to get stronger and more flexible.
- Stand with arms at sides.
- Shift weight onto left leg and place sole of right foot inside left thigh, keeping hips facing forward.
- Once balanced, bring hands in front of you in prayer position, palms together.
- On an inhalation, extend arms over shoulders, palms separated and facing each another. Stay for 30 seconds.
- Lower and repeat on opposite side.
- Make it easier: Bring your right foot to the inside of your left ankle, keeping your toes on the floor for balance. As you get stronger and develop better balance, move your foot to the inside of your left calf.
© Copyright 2014 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.