- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Target Practice: Trouble Spot Toning Exercises
Ready, aim, fire! Zap your trouble spots with these no-gym-required sculpting moves, which tighten and trim where you need it most.
Trouble Zone: Thighs
Why it hits the spot: When you shift most of your body weight onto your front leg while folding your torso over it, the inner and outer thigh muscles of that leg take on a bigger load for a longer duration than in a traditional upright lunge.
Targets: Shoulders, back, butt, quads, and hamstrings
- Stand with feet hip-width apart and extend arms overhead, palms facing each other.
- Lunge forward with left leg, bending knee 90 degrees, right leg extended behind you.
- Hinge forward from hips 45 degrees, keeping back flat, so that torso and arms point diagonally up.
- Rotate palms out and lower arms to sides, then raise arms again, turning palms in.
- Maintaining lunge, lower and raise arms 8 times. Switch legs and repeat. Do 2 sets.
© Copyright 2013 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.