- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Walk It Off: Burn 1,300 Calories Walking
A weeklong walking plan designed to burn 1,300 calories and firm trouble zones that an average walk ignores.
Targets: Hips and butt
- Bring fists in front of chest, elbows bent. Form a diagonal line with bent elbows, left elbow above shoulder level and right elbow below, as you step forward with left foot.
- As you land on left foot, simultaneously lift right leg out to side, toes pointing forward, as you straighten arms in the diagonal line. Make it easier: Keep elbows bent by sides, fists in front of chest, and skip arm movements.
- Bend elbows and return fists to chest, this time with right elbow above shoulder level and left elbow below, as you step forward with right leg.
- Extend arms again as you land on right foot and lift left leg out to side. (Imagine legs moving like a pendulum.)
- Continue tick-tock walk for 1 minute.
Trainer's Tip: To work upper back muscles, bring shoulder blades down and together to kiss when arms are fully extended.
© Copyright 2014 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.