SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
16 medium cleaned, shelled, tail-on shrimp (about 3/4 pound), thawed if frozen
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 1/2 teaspoons honey
Small pinch cayenne pepper
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 cup shelled edamame, steamed
2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
1 1/4 cups short-grain brown rice, cooked according to package directions
1 ripe avocado, sliced
1. Preheat the broiler. In a medium ovenproof pan, toss the shrimp with 1 teaspoon each of the sesame oil and the honey. Add the cayenne.
2. Lay the shrimp flat. Broil for 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
3. Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the remaining teaspoon of sesame oil. Pour in the eggs. Cook undisturbed until set, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until just set on the second side, 1 more minute. Transfer to a board and cut into strips.
4. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce and rice wine vinegar with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon honey.
5. Fold the edamame and sesame seeds into the rice. Serve the rice in bowls topped with the egg strips, shrimp, and avocado. Place the soy-vinegar mixture in a small bowl and use at the table for drizzling.
Nutrition facts per serving: 483 calories, 30g protein, 56g carbohydrate, 16g fat (2.8g saturated), 6g fiber