SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
5 Golden Delicious apples (2 1/2 pounds), peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch slices
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. In a food processor, pulse the flour, walnuts, confectioner's sugar, salt, and cinnamon until the mixture resembles fine cracker crumbs. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles oatmeal. Add the sour cream and vegetable oil and pulse until just combined.
2. Scoop the dough onto a piece of plastic wrap and press it into a disk. Wrap well and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 3 days.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, toss together the filling ingredients.
4. Cut the chilled dough in half and return half to the refrigerator. Roll out the other half between 2 sheets of plastic wrap to an 11-inch round. Peel off the top piece of plastic wrap and invert the rolled dough over an 8-inch glass pie plate. Place the filling in the pie plate.
5. Roll out the second half of the dough and gently lay it on top of the filling. Trim the overhanging dough to within 1/2 inch of the edge of the pie plate. Fold the edge of the dough over and crimp all around. Use a sharp knife to cut 4 vents in the top center of the pie.
6. Bake the pie until the apples are completely tender, about 45 minutes. Cover the edge of the crust with foil after 30 minutes if it is browning too quickly.
Nutrition facts per serving: 331 calories, 5g protein, 43g carbohydrate, 17g fat (4.9g saturated), 2g fiber