SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Makes: 6 servings
Nonstick cooking spray
2 tablespoons butter
3 cups bite-size bell pepper strips, sliced mushrooms, and thinly sliced zucchini
1/3 cup chopped onion (1 small)
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons tomato sauce
10 egg whites
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Tomato sauce, warmed (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a 15-x-10-x-1-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add vegetables, onion, and dried basil. Cook and stir 5 to 8 minutes. Add pepper and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Remove from heat; stir in tomato sauce; keep warm.
3. In a medium bowl beat egg whites, eggs, water, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt with a whisk until combined but not frothy. Pour eggs into the baking pan. Bake, uncovered, 7 minutes, or until eggs have just set.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cheeses; set aside.
5. Cut the baked eggs into six 5-inch squares. Using a spatula, lift each square from the pan and invert onto a plate. Divide warm vegetable mixture among omelets; top with cheese. Fold omelets diagonally in half, forming triangles. If desired, drizzle with additional tomato sauce.
Nutrition facts per serving: 170 calories, 14g protein, 7g carbohydrate, 10g fat (4g saturated), 2g fiber