Use these lower-body toning moves during your regular walking workout to sculpt and lift your butt and thighs and burn more calories on your walk.
Sumo Squat and Lift
Targets: Quads, inner and outer thighs, butt, hips, back, shoulders, and biceps
While walking, turn so that your right side is facing "forward" (or uphill), fists near hips.
- Lift right foot, flexed, to take a large side step to right.
- Lower into a wide squat as you lift both hands up in a wide V.
- Rising up on right leg, lower arms as you lift left leg to side, foot flexed.
- Step left foot next to right.
- Do 12 reps; repeat with left side facing front.
© Copyright 2014 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.