- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Our Top 10 Abs Exercises
We squatted, thrusted, and crunched, crunched, crunched to bring you the best abdominal-toning exercises on FitnessMagazine.com. Here are the ones we shook our fists at (but were secretly thankful for) the most.
Squat Thrust with Twist
I avoided this move at first because I thought it had "wrenched back" written all over it. But after doing slooowly at first and testing where the back tweaking would begin, I found the threshold between "yikes" and "yes!"
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and extend your arms in front of you at shoulder height.
- Begin by squatting down, bending your knees 90 degrees, and twisting your upper body to the left.
- Now come up and repeat the exercise to the right.
- Keep your weight in your heels and don't allow your knees to jut forward away from your toes.
- Keep your knees facing forward as your chest and shoulders move side to side.
- For the best results, bend your knees as close to 90 degrees as possible.
© Copyright 2013 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.