- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Our Top 10 Abs Exercises
We squatted, thrusted, and crunched, crunched, crunched to bring you the best abdominal-toning exercises on FitnessMagazine.com. Here are the ones we shook our fists at (but were secretly thankful for) the most.
The Side Crunch
A deceptively difficult move, the side crunch tests your balance while it teases your oblique muscles. (It worked my hips in a way I've not felt in a while, too.)
- Kneel on the floor and lean all the way over to your right side, placing your right palm on the floor.
- Keeping your weight balanced, slowly extend your left leg and point your toes.
- Place your left hand behind your head, pointing your elbow toward the ceiling.
- Next, slowly lift your leg to hip height as you extend your arm above your leg, with your palm facing forward.
- Look out over your hand while bringing the left side of your rib cage toward your hip.
- Lower to your starting position and repeat 6 to 8 times.
- Do two sets of 6 to 8 reps, and then switch sides.
© Copyright 2013 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.