- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Our Top 8 Stability Ball Exercises
Klutziness and a frugal streak keep me from using much in the way of workout equipment, but a stability ball is my one exception. Once I (literally) stopped rolling off it at the start of each new move, I felt how awesome exercise balls are for developing balance and stability while making it easier to target specific trouble spots. Check out these top moves from the FITNESS video library.
Standing Side-Splits with a Ball
This yoga-inspired move gives obliques a serious stretch. You can certainly do this exercise without the ball, but it offers a bit of leverage and additional support. And you deserve a treat.
- Stand with feet together about a foot behind a stability ball.
- Bend from the hips, placing hands on ball.
- Keeping torso extended and abs and glutes tight, raise left leg behind you until it's parallel to the floor.
- Keep your foot flexed and your inner thigh facing the floor.
- Rotate your torso to the left and extend left arm overhead.
- Turn head to gaze at left hand.
- Hold for 3 counts.
- Lower and return to starting position.
- Repeat on opposite leg.
© Copyright 2014 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.