- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Our Top 8 Stability Ball Exercises
Klutziness and a frugal streak keep me from using much in the way of workout equipment, but a stability ball is my one exception. Once I (literally) stopped rolling off it at the start of each new move, I felt how awesome exercise balls are for developing balance and stability while making it easier to target specific trouble spots. Check out these top moves from the FITNESS video library.
Overhead Squat with Ball
I am not the short-shorts type, but the burn I get through my quads and in the thickest part of my butt during this move makes me wonder if this is the season to reconsider.
- Grab an exercise ball and stand with your legs hip-width apart.
- Raise the ball over your head, your arms extended and close to your ears.
- Now squat down, keeping the weight in your heels and your arms extended.
- Hold the squat for one count, then come back up.
- Keep your arms lifted as you do 12 to 15 squats.
© Copyright 2014 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.