- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Arm Workouts: The Top 10 Arm Moves
Individually, these biceps, triceps, and shoulder toners will amp up your regular arm workout. Done in a sequence a couple times a week, they'll leave you with sculpted, toned arms you'll be itching to show off.
Sun Salutation Variation 1
The progression from tabletop to half push-up in this series sends a fiery zing (the good kind!) from your elbows up the back of your arms and ending between your shoulder blades. Ahh, progress!
- Stand tall with your feet together, arms at your sides. Raise your arms overhead, landing with palms facing together, fingers reaching for the sky.
- Sweep your arms sideways, exhaling as you swan dive forward into a forward bend, head coming toward your shins, knees relaxed and fingertips or palms touching the floor.
- Move into a flat back, bringing your torso away from your thighs, fingertips touching the floor.
- Jump both feet backwards and move into a downward dog.
- Bring your body into tabletop: Set your knees down, hips directly over them. Bring your hands directly under your shoulders.
- With your arms close to your sides, bend your elbows 45 degrees in a half push-up. Repeat 8 times. Be sure to contract your abs and keep your head aligned with your spine.
- Rest in child's pose: arms stretched in front of you, hips sent back toward your heels, dropping your head.
- Move back into tabletop, then lift your hips into downward-facing dog.
- Next, step forward into a flat back, and then bend low into a forward bend.
- End with a reverse swan dive into mountain pose.
© Copyright 2014 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.