- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Top 10 Arm Moves
Individually, these biceps, triceps, and shoulder toners will amp up your regular workout. Done in a sequence a couple times a week, they'll make you consider a barbed wire tattoo -- or at least more cap-sleeved T's.
Sun Salutation Variation 1
The progression from tabletop to half push-up in this series sends a fiery zing (the good kind!) from your elbows up the back of your arms and ending between your shoulder blades. Ahh, progress!
- Stand tall with your feet together, arms at your sides. Raise your arms overhead, landing with palms facing together, fingers reaching for the sky.
- Sweep your arms sideways, exhaling as you swan dive forward into a forward bend, head coming toward your shins, knees relaxed and fingertips or palms touching the floor.
- Move into a flat back, bringing your torso away from your thighs, fingertips touching the floor.
- Jump both feet backwards and move into a downward dog.
- Bring your body into tabletop: Set your knees down, hips directly over them. Bring your hands directly under your shoulders.
- With your arms close to your sides, bend your elbows 45 degrees in a half push-up. Repeat 8 times. Be sure to contract your abs and keep your head aligned with your spine.
- Rest in child's pose: arms stretched in front of you, hips sent back toward your heels, dropping your head.
- Move back into tabletop, then lift your hips into downward-facing dog.
- Next, step forward into a flat back, and then bend low into a forward bend.
- End with a reverse swan dive into mountain pose.
© Copyright 2014 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.