- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Arm Workouts: The Top 10 Arm Moves
Individually, these biceps, triceps, and shoulder toners will amp up your regular arm workout. Done in a sequence a couple times a week, they'll leave you with sculpted, toned arms you'll be itching to show off.
Traveling Power Squat
I won't lie: It took me a bit to get my arms and legs synchronized to make this move work, and I nearly knocked out my dog in the process. Now that I don't flail like a nimrod as I jump, the fronts of my arms and tops of my thighs sear when I do it for more than 45 seconds.
- Stand holding a 5- or 8-pound dumbbell horizontally in front of your ribcage with both hands.
- Lower your hips into a squat and hold for two seconds.
- Then jump, explosively, as if you're reaching over a volleyball net. As you jump, lift the dumbbell over your head, fully extending your arms.
- Return the weight immediately back to your ribcage at the bottom of the jump.
- Beginners, start with 30 seconds. Intermediates, shoot for 60 seconds.
© Copyright 2014 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.