- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Our Top 10 Thigh Exercises
Stronger, longer, leaner thighs - yup, we can help you get those. Here, our best upper-leg-exercises.
The Flamingo Balance
Okay, there's a lot going on here -- arms curling, torso tightening, legs kicking back. You may need to watch the video twice to get the hang of it, but the thigh-tightening potential here is high: Go slow, but definitely keep going.
- Holding a dumbbell in your right hand, stand with your left hand on your hip.
- Lean forward slightly, lifting your left foot behind you to about hip height. At the same, bring your right arm forward.
- Turn your palm to face the ceiling and do a biceps curl.
- Touch your toes back down briefly, then repeat for 12 reps. Be sure to keep your left leg straight while bending your right knee.
- Switch sides: Stand with your left foot forward. Hold the dumbbell in your left hand, and hinge forward, raising your right leg up behind you to hip height.
- Simultaneously, raise your left arm forward, turn your palm to the ceiling, and do a biceps curl.
- Touch your toes back down briefly, and repeat for 12 reps.
© Copyright 2013 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.