Here, instructions for all of the exercises in week 3 of the 6-Week Ultimate Ab Workout Plan. Print and go!
- Start by lying faceup, leaning on your elbows with your legs extended and your knees slightly bent. Lift your hips toward the ceiling, forming a straight line from your head to your heels.
- Hold this position for 8 counts.
- Roll to your side, hips lifted with your right elbow and forearm on the floor to support your weight and help you balance. Maintain a straight line from your head to your heels and hold this position for 8 counts.
- Now roll into a plank position with your forearms on the floor and your elbows by your sides. Hold this position for 8 counts.
- Lastly, roll to your left side. Support your body with your left forearm and elbow. Keep your hips in a straight line between your head and heels and hold this position for 8 counts. Repeat this entire sequence 8 times.
Plank Twist with Dog Split
- Get into a full plank position: wrists under shoulders, abs engaged, legs extended behind you.
- Now bring your right knee across your chest. Hold there for 2 counts, then swing your right leg back and up to the ceiling, raising your hips while lowering your shoulders down toward the floor in downward dog split. Repeat for 8 to 12 counts.
- Then, switch sides bringing your left knee across your chest. Hold for 2 counts and then send your left leg toward the ceiling, raising your hips while lowering your shoulders down toward the floor in a downward dog split. Repeat for 8 to 12 counts.
Originally published on FitnessMagazine.com, June 2008.
© Copyright Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.