Here, instructions for all of the exercises in week 2 of the 6-Week Ultimate Ab Workout Plan. Print and go!
(You'll need a 3-foot scarf or towel)
- Sit on the floor with the scarf wrapped around your left foot. Hold both ends of the scarf in your left hand. Bend your right knee and place your foot on the floor. Now lean back to extend your left leg.
- Twist your torso to the right and reach back with your right arm at shoulder height, keeping your foot about 12 inches off the floor.
- Pull on the scarf to draw your left knee toward your chest while leaning your torso back to center, tapping the back of your foot with your right hand.
- Repeat this move 6 to 8 times, then switch sides. Do two sets of 6 to 8 reps on each side.
- Kneel on the floor and lean all the way over to the right side, placing your right palm on the floor.
- Keeping your balance, slowly extend your left leg and point your toes. Place your left hand behind your head, pointing your elbow toward the ceiling. Slowly lift your left leg to hip height as you extend your arm above your leg with your palm facing forward. Look out over your hand while bringing the left side of your ribcage toward your hip.
- Lower to your starting position and repeat 6 to 8 times. Do two sets of 6 to 8 reps and then switch sides.
Originally published on FitnessMagazine.com, June 2008.
© Copyright Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.