- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
The Ultimate Ab Workout Plan: Week 2 Exercise Instructions
Here, instructions for all of the exercises in week 2 of the 6-Week Ultimate Ab Workout Plan. Print and go!
(You'll need a 3-foot scarf or towel)
- Sit on the floor with the scarf wrapped around your left foot. Hold both ends of the scarf in your left hand. Bend your right knee and place your foot on the floor. Now lean back to extend your left leg.
- Twist your torso to the right and reach back with your right arm at shoulder height, keeping your foot about 12 inches off the floor.
- Pull on the scarf to draw your left knee toward your chest while leaning your torso back to center, tapping the back of your foot with your right hand.
- Repeat this move 6 to 8 times, then switch sides. Do two sets of 6 to 8 reps on each side.
- Sit tall with your knees bent, your feet on the mat, and your legs hip-width apart with your hands behind your thighs, keeping your elbows wide.
- Inhale and slowly roll back onto the mat, curling your pelvis under and pressing your lower back into the floor. Stop this roll halfway down with your arms nearly straight.
- Hold this position for three breaths, squeezing your abs each time you exhale, and then raise yourself back to the start position. Repeat this exercise three times.
- Get into a push-up position with your abs contracted.
- Walk your right hand and foot a few inches out to the right side followed by your left hand and foot. Do this two times to the right, then walk them back.
- Repeat this on the left side. Make sure you keep your head and spine in a straight line and your abs engaged. Coordinate your hand and foot so that they touch down at the same time.
- Do 8 to 10 reps.
- Kneel on the floor and lean all the way over to the right side, placing your right palm on the floor.
- Keeping your balance, slowly extend your left leg and point your toes. Place your left hand behind your head, pointing your elbow toward the ceiling. Slowly lift your left leg to hip height as you extend your arm above your leg with your palm facing forward. Look out over your hand while bringing the left side of your ribcage toward your hip.
- Lower to your starting position and repeat 6 to 8 times. Do two sets of 6 to 8 reps and then switch sides.
Originally published on FitnessMagazine.com, June 2008.
© Copyright 2014 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.