- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Total-Body Fat Blast
Three moves designed to burn fat and slim down each of your problem areas. Get ready to make that dream body a reality!
1. Total-Body Burner
Targets: Chest, triceps, shoulders, core, glutes, hamstrings, quads, hip flexors, and inner thighs
- Begin in a full push-up position, toes on a step and hands on floor aligned under shoulders, back straight and abs engaged.
- Do 1 push-up (not shown).
- Bring right knee toward chest, sole of right foot facing behind you.
- Raise knee out to side to hip height.
- Bring knee back to center and extend leg; lower back to start.
- Do 8 reps; rest for 30 seconds and switch sides.
2. Overhead Squat with Ball
Targets: Shoulders, arms, chest, abs, back, glutes, and quads
- Stand with legs hip-width apart, holding stability ball overhead with arms extended and close to ears.
- Squat, keeping weight in heels; arms remain extended above head.
- Hold for 1 count, then return to start. Keep arms lifted throughout.
- Do 12 to 15 reps.
3. Side Lunge with Twist and Row
Targets: Shoulders, obliques, abs, glutes, outer thighs, quads, and hamstrings
- Stand with legs shoulder-width apart, right foot facing forward, left foot turned out 45 degrees, holding weights with arms at sides (not shown).
- Lunge to left side, keeping left knee aligned over foot. Do 8 reps.
- After the final rep, place left hand (holding dumbbell) on thigh and reach right hand toward outside of left leg, bending knee to bring hand as close to foot as possible.
- Straighten leg, pushing through left glutes, and bring right hand diagonally across body, arm extended in front of right shoulder.
- Lower and repeat; do 6 to 8 reps.
- Switch sides; repeat.
© Copyright 2013 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.