- Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Fabulously Flat Abs
Four moves to burn fat from your midsection and strengthen your core muscles to create the defined, sexy abs you've been dreaming about.
1. Side Plank with a Twist
Targets: Shoulders, obliques, glutes, and quads
- Lie on right side with elbow on floor under shoulder, hips stacked.
- Push hips up, forming straight line from head to heels; extend left arm above shoulder.
- Bring left arm under body, rotating upper body to the right.
- Hold for 1 count; return to start.
- Do 6 to 10 reps; switch sides and repeat.
Targets: Abs and obliques
- Lie faceup, knees bent 90 degrees with feet lifted and hands behind head.
- Extend left leg about 45 degrees to floor while bringing right knee toward chest.
- Lift head, neck, and shoulders, rotating left shoulder toward right knee.
- Switch sides, bringing right shoulder toward left knee, and extend right leg.
- Do 15 to 20 reps per side.
3. Ball Pass
- Lie faceup on floor, holding stability ball above chest in both hands with arms extended. Bend knees 90 degrees, feet lifted.
- Raise ball behind head while extending legs up; keep navel drawn toward spine.
- Lift head, neck, and shoulders off floor as you lower ball and place between legs. Extend legs forward while reaching hands overhead.
- Repeat, passing ball back and forth between hands and legs. Do 10 to 12 reps.
4. Plank Pike-Up
Targets: Abs and lower back
- Lie with thighs on top of ball, palms on floor aligned under shoulders, abs engaged and head in line with spine.
- Slowly roll ball toward body as you lift legs up, forming an inverted V.
- Hold for 1 count, then slowly roll back to start.
- Do 10 to 12 reps.
© Copyright 2014 Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.