1. Single-Leg Triceps Push-Up
2. Single-Hold Dumbbell Curls
- Get into push-up position, thumbs touching and hands directly under chest.
- Raise right leg 3 inches off the floor.
- Keeping abs tight, leg lifted and head in line with spine, bend elbows about 90 degrees.
- Push up to starting position. Do 8 to 10 reps; switch legs.
Hold a 5-pound dumbbell in each hand in front of hips, palms facing out, feet shoulder-width apart. Bend right elbow 90 degrees, then curl left hand up toward shoulder with elbows close to ribs.
Lower left arm back to start, keeping right arm in place. Do 8 to 10 reps; switch sides.
Next, curl both arms toward chest. Do 8 to 10 reps.
3. Roundhouse Raises
- Hold a 5-pound dumbbell in each hand with arms at sides, palms facing each other and feet shoulder-width apart.
- Keeping elbows slightly bent, raise arms to the sides until they are at shoulder height. Rotate arms until palms face up, and lift weights over your head.
- Slowly lower back to starting position, turning palms down. Do 8 to 10 reps.
Originally published in FITNESS magazine, August 2006.