Try these twisting ab-focused exercise moves to challenge your torso muscles from every angle -- tightening and toning your abs fast!
Challenge Your Core
Crunches work your abs in only one direction, but these twisting moves from Annette Lang, a personal trainer in New York City, will challenge all your core muscles from every angle to tighten your abs faster. Start now and you'll get a bikini-ready torso by summer.
- Holding a 5-pound dumbbell with one hand on each end, stand with feet shoulder-width apart.
- Bend knees 90 degrees into a squat, and bring dumbbell down toward the outside of your left foot (not shown). Stand up, extending both arms over your right shoulder, creating a diagonal line across your body.
- Repeat 8 to 10 times; switch sides.
- Lie on your back and lift both legs off floor, knees bent 90 degrees, arms extended at sides from your shoulders to form a T.
- Bring knees to the right side of your body, lowering them toward the floor.
- Hold for 3 counts, then shift knees to the left.
- Repeat 8 to 10 times per side.
Originally published in Fitness magazine, May 2006.
© Copyright Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.