Tone your biceps, quads, and glutes all at the same time with this body-sculpting curtsy lunge.
The Double-Duty Curtsy Lunge
Sculpt your quads and glutes while toning your biceps with this double-duty curtsy lunge from David Kirsch, author of The Ultimate New York Body Plan: The Breakthrough Diet and Fitness System that Sheds Pounds and Reshapes Your Body -- Fast! (McGraw-Hill, 2005).
Work Up to 3 Sets of 15 Reps per Side
- Stand with your feet shoulder-distance apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand with arms at sides.
- Lunge diagonally forward with your right foot, crossing it to the outside of your left leg, bending both knees 90 degrees.
- As you lunge, curl dumbbells toward your shoulders.
- Straighten legs, then lift your right knee and bring it in toward your chest as you lower arms.
- Lunge back diagonally with right leg, crossing leg behind body and to the left, bending both knees while curling weights toward shoulders.
Originally published in Fitness magazine, November 2005.
© Copyright Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.