Looking for some variety in your exercise routine? Try these workout alternatives and co-rec sports leagues in your area.
Get Your Game On!
Hate the gym? The treadmill is not your only option for staying in shape. Why not join a noncompetitive co-rec sports team? Or sign up for figure-skating lessons? Or take a dip in the pool?
To find active classes and sports leagues in your area, try the following:
Local Co-Rec Leagues
- The local Y
- Your county's parks and recreation department
- Nearby universities (which often offer noncredit courses)
- Facilities like ice rinks and tennis courts, many of which provide lessons
- Associations or websites dedicated to a given activity, such as the World Adult Kickball Association (Worldkickball.com) or Freeskatelesson.com, which promises a free inline skating class at schools nationwide
- Co-rec leagues in your city, which organize everything from flag football teams to ski outings to beach volleyball tournaments