Written on April 11, 2012 at 11:07 am , by Karla Walsh
You drive up to the gas pump and feel like you’re charging your paycheck away—we get it! Money is tight, but with summer coming up, a feel-good getaway may be just what you need. Luckily, we found an amazing deal on a restorative yoga retreat that will leave your brain, body and bank account in fantastic shape.
The Bespoke Yoga Retreat, in partnership with Yada Yada Yoga, will be held June 15 to June 18 at the St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort in Puerto Rico. Those who attend will be treated to delicious meals, morning and evening yoga classes overlooking the ocean and beach activities from kayaking to paddle boarding (and of course lounging).
For double occupancy, a stay at this luxury resort in a Garden View room during the retreat—with all of the extras above included—is only $357 per person per night. Score!
To book your space (a two night minimum is required), contact Angelica Lenox at (954) 624-1784 or at email@example.com.
More from FITNESS:
- The Best Gift I Gave Myself: Brazilian Boot Camp
- Avoid Jet Bloat
- The Sane Girl’s Travel Guide to a Stress-Free Vacation
Written on October 26, 2011 at 9:34 am , by Karla Walsh
Countless scientific studies have proven the health benefits of vacations. But it’s not like you need another reason to start booking your next respite! Looking for a relaxing retreat this fall? We stumbled across a yoga event that may be just the ticket.
Kristin McGee, who has shared her yoga know-how with Tina Fey, Bethenny Frankel and Steve Martin—not to mention FITNESS readers!—is hosting “the ultimate yoga weekend” beginning November 10. The three or four-day retreat offers yogis the opportunity to train closely with McGee herself and receive a customized yoga routine based on your specific goals. Participants will be treated like stars with two yoga classes per day and a massage at the Tides Zihuatanejo, a resort in Playa la Ropa, Mexico.
Ready to drop everything and find your zen? Click here for more details.
If you’re short on vacation days or keen on saving cash, here are a few resources to create your own yoga retreat in the comfort of your own home:
- Step 1: Take our simple quiz to discover which style of yoga is right for you.
- Step 2: Treat yourself to one of our top yoga mat picks.
- Step 3: Learn about the surprising health benefits of yoga.
- Step 4: Think the practice can’t blast fat? Think again! Try this workout and burn 500 calories.
- Step 5: Give yourself an at-home facial as a reward!
- Step 6: Before slipping between your sheets, do these five relaxing poses designed to help you sleep better.
Now tell us: What would be included during your dream fit vacation?