Written on November 4, 2013 at 10:41 am , by Karla Walsh
Did you catch FITNESS reader Cassandra in the I Did It! section on page 20 of our September issue? (In case you missed it or need a reminder, she raised $5,420 for the Boot Campaign which helps military veterans and their families.) Now through Veteran’s Day, November 11, you too can make an impact and support our nation’s heroes. No sweat: You don’t have to drop and give us 20—although that’s never a bad thing to do!
The Believe in Heroes campaign, now in its fourth year, gathers funds to help wounded soldiers get back to their favorite activities (through programs like adaptive sports and rehab). Contributing can be as easy as visiting your local supermarket.
How to help:
- Donate at your grocery store. Thousands of supermarkets across the U.S. accept donations as you check out.
- Download free coupons. Coupons for some of your favorite food and drink brands will be available for free through December 2 at wwpbelieve.org. A contribution will be made to the Wounded Warrior Project for each coupon redeemed.
- Click over to Facebook. Learn about participating stores and learn more about Wounded Warriors’ personal stories at www.facebook.com/wwpinc.fans.
More from FITNESS:
- All-American Workout Playlist
- Military Wives Use Fitness to Overcome Grief
- Marathoner Amy Palmiero-Winters: Back in Action After Amputation
Written on November 12, 2012 at 10:58 am , by FITNESS Intern
Written by Jennifer Fiorentino, editorial intern
November is a very patriotic month with Election Day, the Marine Corps birthday and Veterans Day all wrapped into the month of gratitude and Thanksgiving. As Americans, we have a lot to be thankful for — our freedom, liberties and those who fight and defend our nation. Boost your American pride this week, as well as your workout, with some of our favorite tunes honoring the red, white and blue.
More from FITNESS: