Ali Feller, the amazing running and fundraising superstar in our April I Did It! section (“I Conquered Crohn’s”), crossed her first endurance event finish line with the help of Team Challenge. In fact, she enjoyed the experience so much, she later became a Team Challenge mentor to help others rock their races too.
If you’re new to participating in triathlons, half or full marathons or cycling races, organizations like Team Challenge can be beneficial not only for the accountability factor (teammates are waiting for you at the track each week), but also for the educational clinics about sports nutrition, injury prevention and hydration. And since you’re raising money for a good cause at the same time, in this case, the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation, you’ll be able to chalk up one more reason why you shouldn’t quit—during training or during the race.
Interested in trying out Team Challenge? They are currently “recruiting” participants for the following events:
- June 2: Virginia Wine Country Half-Marathon, Loudoun, Virginia
- June 24: Centurion Cycling, Lake George, New York
- June 24: Kona Half-Marathon, 10K and 5K, Big Island, Hawaii
- July 15: Wine Country Half-Marathon Napa to Sonoma, Sonoma, California
- September 9: Trirock San Diego, San Diego, California
To learn more about Team Challenge and these races, click here.
Photo courtesy of Shutterstock
Now tell us: Have you participated in any team training events or charity races? Fill us in about them in the comments.