Written by Deanna Cioppa, editorial intern
Summer is coming to a close (sniff, sniff!) but that doesn’t mean you can’t still relish the sunny days. The slow-burning carbs and 8 grams of protein in this sweet smoothie from Quaker Oats will keep you full and fueled up so you can make the most of these precious last days. Blend one up this weekend and hit the great outdoors.
Strawberry Orange Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen, unsweetened strawberries (5 ounces is about 10 berries)
- 3/4 cup light vanilla yogurt (reduced fat, sweetened with aspartame)
- 1 cup calcium-fortified Tropicana or Dole orange juice
- 2/3 cup Quaker Oats (Quick or Old Fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Combine all ingredients in blender container or food processor work bowl; blend until smooth, stopping blender once and stirring.
Nutrition info per serving: Calories 230, total fat 2.5 g, saturated fat 0.5 g, trans fat 0g, cholesterol 0 mg, sodium 60 mg, carbohydrates 45 g, dietary fiber 4 g, sugar 16 g, protein 8 g
More from FITNESS: More Healthy and Refreshing Smoothie Recipes to Try