Written on January 10, 2014 at 9:37 am , by Christie Griffin
It’s a #GetFitParty all month long for our FITNESS followers and we’ve got the perfect motivation for your workouts this weekend: Hot music videos that are fun to sweat to!
Our Instagram challenge this week has been for you to show us your “workout view,” i.e. what you see while you exercise…and we noticed quite a lot of you are working out at home. We teamed up with Vevo, the world’s leading music video platform, to create this playlist of FITNESS editor-selected videos to watch while you’re planking, squatting, or just going nuts on the treadmill. Enjoy!
Watch the full playlist here: FITNESS Magazine on Vevo
Or cherry pick which one(s) you’d like to watch:
- Feel like a rockstar with Beyoncé’s End of Time
- Distract yourself with Lady Gaga’s Applause
- Get fired up with Katy Perry’s Roar
- Give your cardio a kick with Pitbull’s Timber featuring Ke$ha
- Get sassy with Robin Thicke’s Give It 2 U
- Pump things up with Jennifer Lopez’s Goin’ In featuring Flo Rida
- Work a little harder with Britney Spears’ Work, B**ch
- Get psyched for Saturday night with Fergie’s A Little Party Never Killed Nobody
- Put some inspiration in your perspiration with Sara Bareilles’ Brave
- End your workout with a smile with Pharell Williams’ Happy
Written on June 3, 2013 at 12:13 pm , by Samantha Shelton
Ever since we chatted with Sheryl Crow, we can’t stop listening to her rockin’ tunes. So why keep the music sharing to ourselves? We put together a playlist of Crow’s top hits, including her latest single, “Easy.” Plug into her current songs with a healthy dose of the classics, and get ready for a totally blissed-out Monday.
Written on February 28, 2012 at 3:33 pm , by Christie Griffin
Talk about an impressive guy: Olympian silver medalist hurdler Kerron Clement also holds the indoor world record for the 400-meter sprint, is ridiculously handsome (what? we’re all mostly girls here), and is even nice enough to share his personal playlist with us! He’s also combines some spirituality in his sports too: “Sometimes listening to gospel music for me puts me ‘in a zone’ before training or competing,” Kerron says. Interesting!
Bonus: After the songs, we reveal a little more inside dish on 26 year-old Trinidadian-born Kerron.
5 songs you love to warm-up to:
- “Rain on Us,” Earnest Pugh
- “Make me Over,” Tonex
- “Thats Why I Praise You,” John P Kee
- “Fantasy,” Mariah Carey
- “Always be My Baby,” Mariah Carey
5 songs that get you really motivated:
- “Dance (A*$),” Big Sean
- “Rack City,” Tyga
- “Fireball,” Willow, featuring Nicki Minaj
- “Ayy Ladies,” Travis Porter, featuring Tyga
- “Man Down,” Rihanna
Interesting Notes Kerron Told Us:
Q: Off the topic of playlists…what do you think makes you such a successful athlete?
KC: My will to overcome many obstacles in my sport truly fuels me to be the best. I’m determined to excel at everything that I do.
Q: Do you have a mantra and if so, what is it?
KC: “Make it happen.”
Q: What is your immediate goal in your sports career? What about down the road?
KC: My goal is to be both the Olympic Champion in the 400-meter hurdles and world record holder in that event. Down the road, I’ll take it one step at a time.
Q: Are you single? If yes, do you prefer girls who run?
KC: I’m single, but I don’t prefer a girl who runs—just someone who loves to stay in shape. Fitness is key to a healthy lifestyle.
Written on October 3, 2011 at 12:05 pm , by Marianne Magno
Sometimes you need more than a good beat to push you through a workout…or to get you started on any workout at all. The songs below never fail to boost my mood and have helped me pick up the pace on runs:
- “Skyscraper,” Demi Lovato
- “Raise Your Glass,” P!nk
- “More,” Usher
- “Dog Days Are Over,” Florence + The Machine
- “Strip Me,” Natasha Bedingfield
- “Moves Like Jagger,” Maroon 5
- “Hell on Heels,” Pistol Annies
- “Get Outta My Way,” Kylie Minogue
Tell us: Which songs are your go-to mood boosters?
Written on August 22, 2011 at 10:09 am , by Marianne Magno
Being healthy isn’t all about getting energized for a workout; taking a break to relax is just as good for you, too. So when we found out that last Monday was “National Relaxation Day,” we asked our Twitter followers for the tunes that help them unwind. Play these songs to help you snooze soundly tonight or for a welcomed break in your busy workday.
- “Re: Stacks,” Bon Iver
- “Sunrise,” Norah Jones
- “Pretty Wings,” Maxwell
- “Slow Motion,” David Gray
- “On the Radio,” Regina Spektor
- “The Lazy Song,” Bruno Mars
- “Upside Down,” Jack Johnson
Tell us: What relaxing songs are on your cool down playlist?
Got a music playlist you want to share with us? Send your picks to firstname.lastname@example.org and it might be featured on a future Music Monday post!
Written on March 29, 2011 at 11:57 am , by Christie Griffin