Written on April 28, 2014 at 9:04 am , by FITNESS Editors
Woo-hoo, Memorial Day Weekend! OK, we’re getting a little ahead of ourselves, but we’re super stoked for the sunshine-filled holiday. Gear up for a long weekend of fun by joining our Make Fit Happen Contest on Pinterest. Entering is super easy, and you’ll score healthy recipes, low-cal cocktails and fun ideas for your next workout-wear shopping trip. Ready to join? Just follow these simple rules:
1. Follow FITNESS Magazine on Pinterest
2. Create a board called “FITNESS Make Fit Happen”
3. Email the link to your board to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “FITNESS Make Fit Happen”
4. Pin what helps you Make Fit Happen! Anything from workouts and recipes to fit quotes and bikini-style tips—the choice is yours, but be sure to include 5 FITNESS Magazine links (get some inspiration here and here) and include #makefithappencontest on your pins.
The contest runs until Sunday, May 25th at 11:59 p.m., at which point we’ll select a winner. What could you score? A Willow 3 beach cruiser from Brooklyn Bicycle Co., perfect for making this summer the best—and fittest—one yet!
Written on October 29, 2013 at 5:22 pm , by Lauren Cardarelli
True Life: I’m addicted to Pinterest. I mean, what’s not to love? From pinning my fave workouts and recipes (courtesy of FITNESS, duh!) to saving photos on how to spin summer dresses into fall-friendly ensembles, the site has the answer to anything and everything you need to know about.
So when I heard about registered dietician Mitzi Dulan’s new book The Pinterest Diet: How To Pin Your Way Thin, I couldn’t wait to gain her insight on how to pin it to win it, wellness-wise. Known as America’s Nutrition, Mitzi has 3.5-million followers, and after trying her Skinny One Pot Chicken Caprese Pasta (a recipe she created from Pinspiration, see below) I understand why. So tasty!
So how can you use the social media platform to improve your diet? Here are Mitzi’s top three tips:
Banish Boredom. Sick of that same old salad? Time to mix things up. “One of my Pinterest Diet rules is to make at least two new recipes a week,” Mitzi explains. Use the site to keep things fresh in the kitchen and at the gym.
Motivated to Move. Create a photo and quote-filled “Daily Inspiration Board” for a friendly eye-on-the-prize reminder. Toned tri’s, here you come!
Pin 10. Swap Facebook scrolling for Pinterest during downtime. “Blocking off 10 minutes helps inspire you to live healthy, eat better and exercise,” she says.
Skinny One Pot Chicken Caprese Pasta(Makes 8 servings)
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless chicken breast, cooked and torn apart
- 13 oz whole wheat linguini
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) no salt diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 large sprigs of basil, torn up
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, cubed
Add pasta, tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, basil and cooked chicken to a large stock pot. Pour chicken broth over the top. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer on low for about 8-12 minutes, stirring often. Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated or as desired. Top with fresh mozzarella and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, if desired.
Now you tell us: How do you use Pinterest for fitspiration?
Written on August 16, 2012 at 9:57 am , by Marianne Magno
It was a tough (but fun!) time judging the entries for our Skinny Pins Pinterest Contest, but we’ve finally chosen our top five boards. Looking through your go-to exercises, gear, recipes and motivational quotes gave us an inspiration boost! Here are winning boards and some notable pins:
FITNESS eds all said “Aww” when we saw Stacey’s pins about her family and fitness motivation.
We didn’t anticipate seeing Miss Piggy in these boards, but Eve’s story behind her weight loss caught our attention.
Read on for more winners. Read more
Written on May 1, 2012 at 6:00 am , by FITNESS Editors
Show us your go-to moves, recipes, inspiration and gear, and you could win a $100 American Express gift card!
When it comes to staying in shape, one great way to keep your eye on the prize is through visual reminders. That’s why we’re obsessed with Pinterest, the free social-networking site that lets you create your own virtual inspiration boards, instantly.
But it’s also fun to share what works for you! So in the spirit of good health, we’re inviting you to pin the stuff that keeps you strong and healthy: The exercise moves, recipes, motivating quotes, fitness gear, and more. A panel of FITNESS judges will check out the submitted boards and five winners will score a $100 American Express gift card.
Here’s How to Enter:
- Follow FitnessMagazine on Pinterest.
- Create a new Pinterest board entitled “The Skinny Pins Contest – Fitness Mag.”
- Fill that board with at least 10 pins. Of those 10 pins, at least 5 of them must be items (recipes, exercises, etc.) pinned from FitnessMagazine.com.
- Each pin’s description must explain why or how the pinned content keeps you in shape. Are tricep kickbacks your never-miss move at the gym? Do you keep the weight off with Greek yogurt? Tell us! This step is very important with the judging.
- Once your pinboard is complete, enter the contest by submitting the board’s exact url here.
Pinboards will be judged on effectiveness and believability of the pinned content, originality, adherence to the contest rules, and understanding of the FITNESS lifestyle and voice. The contest is open from May 1 through May 31.
Disclaimer: You must be a member of Pinterest.com to enter and you must follow Fitness Magazine on Pinterest. If you do not have a Pinterest account, you can sign up here.