Yes, you read that right. Today is National Taco Day! To celebrate, we squeezed our way into the kitchen at Los Feliz in New York City to get a skinny version of one of our favorite party foods. Try this yummy fish taco recipe Chef Julieta Ballesteros shared with us for all the taste and half the calories. Plus, check out some healthy ingredient substitutes to use below for any recipe to make your taco healthier.
Ingredient Swaps for a Healthier Taco:
- Try corn tortillas, they are lighter than flour shells.
- Adding fish in tacos instead of beef will give you a great source of protein while being low in fat.
- Spices like adobo give flavor to your food without packing on extra calories.
- Beans are a great source of minerals and vitamins.
- Chiles can suppress your appetite, making you feel fuller faster.
Read on for Chef Ballesteros recipe for fish tacos.