Written on May 4, 2012 at 11:42 am , by Colleen Travers
Not only is today Star Wars Day (Did you show up at the office dressed like Darth Vader?), it’s also National Orange Juice Day. The popular juice has started our mornings for years, and rightfully so. Drinking a glass when you wake up gives you a boost of vitamin C, reduces inflammation and can decrease bad cholesterol levels. Skipped this healthy sip today? Then make this quick dip for lunch or as your 3 p.m. snack from The Florida Department of Citrus. It’s tasty and doesn’t require you to wear your hair in weird side buns all day.
Fruit Skewers with Orange Dip
- 2 6-ounce containers lowfat vanilla yogurt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon 100% Florida orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated Florida orange zest
- 1 cup orange sections (1 to 2 Florida oranges)
- 1 cup tangerine sections (2 Florida tangerines)
- 1 cup grapefruit sections (3/4 Florida grapefruit)
- 1 cup each red and green seedless grapes
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and halved
For the Orange Dip: In a small bowl combine yogurt, honey, orange juice and orange zest. Cover and refrigerate until serving time. For the Fruit Skewers: Alternately thread oranges, tangerines, grapefruit, grapes and strawberries onto each of 24 (6-inch) skewers. Serve with Orange Dip. Serves 12 (2 skewers each).
Nutrition info per serving: 60 calories, 0.5 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g sugars, 2 g protein, 4% vitamin A, 45% vitamin C, 6% calcium, 2% iron