With last week’s heat wave launching us into the first official days of summer, we can’t help but crank up tunes about the season full of bikinis and sundresses. Download some of our top summer picks, then let us know what you’re jamming to in honor of the season!
- “Long Hot Summer” Keith Urban
- “Boys in the Summer,” Jessie James
- “California Gurls,” Katy Perry
- “Summer of ’69,” Bryan Adams
- “The Boys of Summer,” The Ataris
- “Summer Nights,” Rascal Flatts
- “Chasing the Sun,” The Wanted
- “Summer Love,” Justin Timberlake
- “Drunk On You,” Luke Bryan
- “Summertime,” Bon Jovi
Now you tell us: What’s your favorite song about summer?
Just because Father’s Day is over doesn’t mean we can’t keep sharing the love with dear ol’ Dad. In honor of one of the most important men in our lives, we rounded up some of our favorite hits honoring him. Pop these on next time you’re hanging out and Pops will be sure to know just how much he means to you.
- “Papa Was A Rollin’ Stone,” The Temptations
- “Daddy,” Beyonce
- “Watching You,” Rodney Atkins
- “Dance with My Father,” Luther Vandross
- “The Best Day,” Taylor Swift
- “All-American Girl,” Carrie Underwood
- “Papa Don’t Preach,” Madonna
- “Anything Like Me,” Brad Paisley
- “Cleaning This Gun,” Rodney Atkins
- “My Front Porch Looking In,” Lonestar
Now tell us: What song reminds you of Dad?
Even though the official start of summer isn’t for another week, the temps have been climbing to send us straight into the familiar heat waves we dream about all winter long. Another thing sure to make us think of summer – pop music! After all, who doesn’t like to blast catchy tunes, sing at the top of their lungs and dance in their bikini?
To keep you pumping through a sweaty summer workout, download some of our current pop plays, along with a few throwback favorites.
- “Not Over You,” Gaving DeGraw
- “Call Me Maybe,” Carly Rae Jepsen
- “Wannabe,” Spice Girls
- “What Makes You Beautiful,” One Direction
- “Boyfriend,” Justin Bieber
- Everybody (Backstreet’s Back),” Backstreet Boys
- “Scream,” Usher
- “Fine By Me,” Andy Grammer
- “Payphone,” Maroon 5
- “Wild Ones,” Flo Rida
Now you tell us: What are some of your all-time favorite pop songs?
You know that running is a great way to get an endorphin rush, enjoy the amazing summer weather we’ve been having, and bonus: it burns calories and strengthens your heart and legs. In case you needed one more push to hit the road, this Wednesday is National Running Day! (Click here for 10 fun ways to celebrate.)
To keep you motivated during all your runs this week, check out Pandora’s Rock ‘N’ Roll Marathon Mixed Tape channels. Whether you run an 8-minute, 10-minute or 12-minute mile, you’ll have plenty of continuously changing songs that will keep you on pace to ace your race.
Here are 10 songs that have the perfect beats per minute for all of the 10-minute milers:
- “Any Way You Want It,” Journey
- “That’s Not My Name,” The Ting Tings
- “We’re Going to be Friends,” The White Stripes
- “Bottoms Up,” Trey Songz, featuring Nicki Minaj
- “Get On Your Boots,” U2
- “Brown Eyed Girl,” Van Morrison
- “Say It Ain’t So,” Weezer
- “Weekend Wars,” MGMT
- “Gold Lion,” Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- “Free,” Zac Brown Band
You can also mark the holiday by scoring an exclusive $20 discount to any Rock ‘N’ Roll Marathon Series event* when you sign up on Wednesday, June 6. Follow this link to put your next race on your calendar!
*Excludes Las Vegas, MiniMarathons, closed events and ING KiDS Rock. Ten dollar discount for the New York 10K and Carlsbad 5000. International event discounts vary.
Now tell us: What is your next fitness goal? Do you have any races or challenges lined up for summer?
Lacey Stone has shared her fit tips on The Dr. Oz Show, MTV’s MADE and Bravo’s Pregnant in Heels, and Hollywood all-stars like Nicole Kidman, Brooke Shields, Amanda Peet and America Ferrera have shaped up fast with her help. We were lucky enough to join celebrity trainer Lacey Stone at a recent KiwiSweat cycling class and found her intensity infectious.
A big driver behind all of that fire? Her killer playlist! We asked Stone to share her favorite songs for summer so you can channel that energy in your workouts too.
- “The Fighter,” Gym Class Heroes, featuring Ryan Tedder
- “Can’t Stop Me (Tiesto Remix),” Afrojack; Shermanology
- “Girl Gone Wild,” Madonna vs. Avicii
- “Beware (Jay-Z Remix),” Panjabi MC
- “Turn Up the Music,” Chris Brown
- “Glad You Came (Alex Gaudino Remix),” The Wanted
- “Breathing,” Jason Derulo
- “The World is Mine (Radio Edit),” David Guetta
- “Where Have You Been,” Rihanna
- “The Cave,” Mumford & Sons
Now tell us: What songs are on your summer playlist?
Even though Mother’s Day has passed, we couldn’t help but continue spreading the love. After all, they watch over us for years, even after we’ve grown and left the nest! So for those of you looking for a little more inspiration, whether you’re remembering your mom, spending the day with her, or a mom yourself, download any of these songs for an instant boost of mom mojo.
- “Simple Man,” Lynyrd Skynyrd
- “Mama’s Song,” Carrie Underwood
- “Daughters,” John Mayer
- “You’ll Be In My Heart,” Phil Collins
- “Hey Mama,” Kanye West
- “The Perfect Fan,” Backstreet Boys
- “My Wish,” Rascal Flatts
- “Sweet Child O’ Mine,” Guns N’ Roses
- “I’ll Always Love My Mama,” The Intruders
- “Don’t Forget to Remember Me,” Carrie Underwood
Now tell us: How did you celebrate Mother’s Day?
Country music is definitely having a moment. From Taylor Swift winning big at the Grammys to the ever-present “Red Solo Cup,” fans are dancing in their cowboy boots—or sneakers! So we asked the folks organizing the music for this weekend’s St. Jude Country Music Marathon in Nashville to share a playlist of greatest hits. Download the following songs to get a taste of some of the 50 artists who will be performing at the event, as well as the music that will pump up the runners (including our own editorial assistant Samantha, who’s tackling the half!).
- “Save a Horse,” Big & Rich
- “It’s America,” Rodney Atkins
- “Wild at Heart,” Gloriana
- “Blue Suede Shoes,” Elvis
- “Walkin’ in Memphis,” Various Artists
- “Holding Out for a Hero,” Footloose
- “Heads Carolina, Tails California,” Jo Dee Messina
- “Cowboy Up and Party Down,” Darren Warren
- “For the Kids,” John Rich
Now tell us: What genre of music pumps you up the most during your workouts?
Yesterday in Central Park, nearly 10,000 women laced up their sneakers for the MORE/FITNESS Half-Marathon. The weather was wonderful and the cheering crowds were inspiring, but sometimes you need just a little additional help to push you through those last challenging few miles. Download these songs, which helped us pick up the pace during the last stretch of the race, and add them to your next workout playlist! Nothing feels better than finishing strong.
- “Brokenhearted,” Karmin
- “Wavin’ Flag,” K’naan
- “Indestructible,” Robyn
- “I’m a Machine,” David Guetta, featuring Crystal Nicole
- “My Body,” Young the Giant
- “Get Yourself Back Home,” Gym Class Heroes
- “Lights (Bassnectar Remix),” Ellie Goulding
- “Countdown,” Beyonce
- “All I Need,” Natasha Bedingfield, featuring Kevin Rudolf
Now tell us: What motivates you to give it your all at the end of a workout?
With spring in full swing, its time to get serious about toning up for summer—only 11 weeks to go! Our friends over at Soffe have created an awesome playlist to get you in the mood to hit the weights, ride your bike, or even take an afternoon jog around the block. So throw on your brightest workout clothes (we like these shorts paired with this top), your funkiest sneakers, and get your workout on!
- “We Are Young,” Fun. featuring Janelle Monae
- “Here It Goes Again,” OK Go
- “Kids in America,” The Muffs
- “Comeback Kid,” Sleigh Bells
- “Ritual Union,” Little Dragon
- “Do it Again,” Holy Ghost
- “Helena Beat,” Foster the People
- “Party Rock Anthem,” LMFAO
- “Turn Me On,” David Guetta, featuring Nicki Minaj
- “Young, Wild & Free,” Snoop Dogg & Wiz Khalifa featuring Bruno Mars
More from FITNESS:
- The Best Summer Running Gear
- Workout Jams for Summer
- Love Your Warm-Weather Workout: 10 Motivation Tricks
April Fool’s Day has come and gone, but that doesn’t mean we’re done playing pranks yet. Instead of pulling harmless jokes on others though, try fooling yourself. Flywheel Sports cycling instructor Aleah Stander designed this hot playlist for us – every beat’s there to trick your body into working harder! Now that’s a game we don’t mind playing.
- “Glad You Came,” The Wanted
- “Ni**as in Paris” – Kanye West and Jay-Z
- “Cough Syrup,” Young the Giant
- “Feel So Close,” Calvin Harris
- “Name,” Goo Goo Dolls
- “Starships,” Nicki Minaj
- “This Isn’t Everything You Are,” Snow Patrol
- “Written in the Stars,” Tinie Tempah, feat. Eric Turner
- “Thnks Fr Th Mmrs,” Fall Out Boy
- “Turn up the Music,” Chris Brown
Now tell us: What songs make you work harder without realizing it?