Earlier this month here on The Fit Stop, you heard about Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month. One of the best ways to look like you know your way around the slopes? Dress like a pro! Here are our picks for gear that will make you look like a champ—regardless of your winter sport of choice.
Snowboard (Top row, left to right)
- Volcom Domestic Ins Jacket ($230, snow.volcom.com)
- Burton Women’s Lucky Pant ($150, burton.com)
- Thirty Two Prion Boots ($140, thirtytwo.com)
- Dragon Alliance White/ Gold Ion Goggles ($95, dragonalliance.com)
Ski (Bottom row, left to right)
- Spyder Prevail Jacket ($250, spyder.com)
- Helly Hansen W Blanche Pant ($225, shop.hellyhansen.com)
- Full Tilt Soul Sister Ski Boots ($500, fulltiltboots.com)
- Gretchen Bleiler Signature Series Oakley Stockholm Goggle ($140, oakley.com)
For winter sport newbies, the slopes can sure be intimidating. Staring down a steep hill and plunging off the top…I can just feel my heart beating faster thinking about it! Thankfully, there are many resources available to make novices more comfortable, and many of them have teamed up in January for Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month.
Last year during the festivities, instructors offered more than 75,000 beginner lessons and passed along priceless scoop about how to fuel winter activities, what to wear when on the hills and lifts for hours and how to stay safe. You can also find retailers and resorts near you to gear up and plan your next adventure—Vail, anyone?
For all of the details, visit skiandsnowboardmonth.org and stay tuned because next Friday our fashion team will be pulling together their favorite looks for your snow adventures this season here on The Fit Stop!
And for tips straight from the pros, look no further:
- Olympic Snowboarder Hannah Teter’s Workout
- Lindsey Vonn’s Fitness and Motivation Tips
- Learn How to Snowboard Gretchen Bleiler-style
Now tell us: Are you a snow bunny? What is your favorite snow sport?