Written on October 19, 2011 at 10:10 am , by Jenna Autuori
Whenever something totally amazing hits my desk, I get really excited to share the news. So when our favorite TV trainer (Bob, we love you too!), Jillian Michaels, designed her first pair of lightweight running and training shoes for K-Swiss, I said sign me up for a pair!
The FLY TUBES from the Jillian Michaels Collection by K-Swiss are an awesome shade of forest green and yellow (her favorite colors!), and feature an eagle graphic with the mantra “Fly” inscription on the heel. Shoes that speak? I’m kind of loving that.
Not only do they look cool, but the real message of these shoes is even cooler. When you purchase a pair, a portion of the proceeds will go directly to the Alliance for a Healthier Generation, a non-profit organization whose mission is to reduce the prevalence of childhood obesity by 2015 and empower kids to make healthy lifestyle choices. I think these TUBES speak for themselves.
As new research finds about 17 percent of U.S. children aged 2 to 19 are obese, and with obesity rates expected to increase to about 65 million Americans within the next fifteen years, whatever each one of us can do to help this growing epidemic will surely help immensely. Do good and feel good with a pair of Jillian’s newest kicks! And if you’re thinking ahead, they make great holiday presents if I don’t say so myself.
Get your pair today sold exclusively on amazon.com!
Now tell us:Does a new pair of kicks motivate you to hit the road?
Written on April 6, 2011 at 3:17 pm , by Karla Walsh
To celebrate the Tuesday release of her new book, Unlimited: How to Build an Exceptional Life, fitness expert Jillian Michaels has been making the media rounds the past few days. When we saw that she would be in our area for a book signing, we jumped at the chance to meet the trainer who we’ve exercised with countless times (via her DVDs, of course), were inspired by (on The Biggest Loser and Losing It with Jillian) and all-around admired. We admit it, we were nervous fans when awaiting her arrival!
But all of that nervousness was put to rest when we met Jillian—who is so sweet, personable and approachable. And how she had that much energy after a day of back-to-back TV interviews is beyond us! You get to see Jillian the TV star each week, but what is she like in real life? Here are five things we learned during our visit with Jillian:
- She’s giving. We arrived with a media preview copy of her book, which she quickly tossed in the trash after digging up a shiny new hardcover copy (see right) and saying, “I knew I brought this for a reason!”
- She’s tiny! Seeing Jillian on TV, you can’t tell how petite she is. And with that figure, she absolutely is practicing what she preaches.
- Girl can rock the business casual look. Her fans are used to seeing her in the super-cute K-Swiss exercise apparel or other gym gear, but she came to the signing wearing a tailored jacket, breezy blouse, slim leg jeans and killer nude heels.
- She’s funny. We discussed her new DVD Ripped in 30 and how we loved the challenge it provided! She was surprised when we told her that, although it was tough, we could handle all four levels. Jillian told us, “I was even getting out of breath talking through the warm-up!”
- She’s not just the drill sergeant you see on TV. She gave us hugs, laughed along with jokes and seemed relaxed. Although we love the hard-bargaining Jillian on The Biggest Loser, it was fun to see this side of her as well!
Now tell us: Which fitness celebrity would you love to meet someday?