Written on April 6, 2011 at 3:17 pm , by Karla Walsh
To celebrate the Tuesday release of her new book, Unlimited: How to Build an Exceptional Life, fitness expert Jillian Michaels has been making the media rounds the past few days. When we saw that she would be in our area for a book signing, we jumped at the chance to meet the trainer who we’ve exercised with countless times (via her DVDs, of course), were inspired by (on The Biggest Loser and Losing It with Jillian) and all-around admired. We admit it, we were nervous fans when awaiting her arrival!
But all of that nervousness was put to rest when we met Jillian—who is so sweet, personable and approachable. And how she had that much energy after a day of back-to-back TV interviews is beyond us! You get to see Jillian the TV star each week, but what is she like in real life? Here are five things we learned during our visit with Jillian:
- She’s giving. We arrived with a media preview copy of her book, which she quickly tossed in the trash after digging up a shiny new hardcover copy (see right) and saying, “I knew I brought this for a reason!”
- She’s tiny! Seeing Jillian on TV, you can’t tell how petite she is. And with that figure, she absolutely is practicing what she preaches.
- Girl can rock the business casual look. Her fans are used to seeing her in the super-cute K-Swiss exercise apparel or other gym gear, but she came to the signing wearing a tailored jacket, breezy blouse, slim leg jeans and killer nude heels.
- She’s funny. We discussed her new DVD Ripped in 30 and how we loved the challenge it provided! She was surprised when we told her that, although it was tough, we could handle all four levels. Jillian told us, “I was even getting out of breath talking through the warm-up!”
- She’s not just the drill sergeant you see on TV. She gave us hugs, laughed along with jokes and seemed relaxed. Although we love the hard-bargaining Jillian on The Biggest Loser, it was fun to see this side of her as well!
Now tell us: Which fitness celebrity would you love to meet someday?