Written on August 30, 2013 at 11:23 am , by Samantha Shelton
This week’s fit links from around the web:
- Hate those gimmicky before/after photos that come with every quick-fix weight loss ad? Us, too. Which is why we love that personal trainer Mel V took matters into her own hands, and posted on Instagram how she created the “I Dropped a Crazy Amount of Weight” images in 15 minutes. - MelVFitness
- The best city to snag a healthy meal at work? Washington, D.C., you win! -Fox News
- If you think running is enough to counterbalance sitting at a desk all day, you’re wrong. Here’s why sitting is being dubbed the new smoking. – Runner’s World
- ‘Tis the season of weddings. We love these fun pre-bachelorette party baskets for your bride-to-be (Psssst: We spy a copy of FITNESS in there!) -Peanut Butter Fingers
- Instead of peppers on your pizza, put the pizza in your peppers! (Say that five times fast) We’re loving this Italian twist on the stuffed veggie. -Healthful Bites
Written on July 1, 2013 at 2:38 pm , by Samantha Shelton
Nobody loves a challenge more than us, but this time we’re turning the tables – and offering YOU a challenge. To keep you working hard all summer long – we know you’re ready to flaunt that bikini body – it’s time to get social. After all, why just tell us about it when you can SHOW us? So without further adieu, we present: our #BetterBikiniBody 31-Day Instagram Challenge!
How it works: If you’re not doing so already, follow us on Instagram. Refer back to our 31-Day challenge photo, or save it on your phone so you know the “theme of the day.” After you know your theme, go crazy with interpretations! Post a daily themed photo using the hashtag #BetterBikiniBody and #fitnessmagphoto. We’ll be sure to regram our faves!
Not sure what to do? It’s OK, we love gathering inspiration before sharing our own artwork, too. Simply click on the hashtag to see what your fellow FITNESS fans are posting that day. My idea of “How I Sweat,” (Today’s theme, ehem) for example, is different from Editorial Assistant Lauren – I went running this AM (check out my sweet compression socks) while she’s tackling a barre class! And don’t be afraid to get creative – no one’s requiring you to take themes literally!
Got questions? No worries – leave a comment here or on our Instagram account and we’ll do our best to get back to you!