Written on April 13, 2012 at 4:27 pm , by Karla Walsh
This week’s fit links from around the web:
- You can officially ditch the takeout menus. Stock these kitchen staples and be ready to whip up countless nutritious meals! —The Balanced Life
- Take a little time this weekend to be selfish. You deserve it! Here are 10 ways to treat yourself. — iVillage
- We all know it’s wise—for your budget and your belly—to skip the overpriced, overstuffed sandwiches sold on planes. But before your next trip, check out these five tricks for eating well on the road. — Fit Bottomed Girls
- Fight obesity 64 calories at a time? New research says that’s all it may take! — Diets in Review
- Mangoes are ripe for the picking for sandwiches, smoothies, cupcakes and more. You’ll never look at the fruit the same way after trying these recipes! — Meals and Miles
Written on January 23, 2012 at 1:00 pm , by Colleen Travers
If eating more fruits and veggies is at the top of your to do list this year, Dole has created a program that makes squeezing in more fruit a breeze.
To help improve the public’s nutritional health, the company has launched 366 Ways to Go Bananas in 2012. Every day you’ll get a banana-themed recipe, serving suggestion, or seasonal tip via Twitter, Facebook or on the Web. Here’s how to start going bananas today:
- Twitter: Follow @DOLEBananas and look out for the hashtag #Go366 for your daily tip.
- Facebook: Visit the Dole Bananas Facebook page to get your daily tip, recipes and more.
Below, a few of our favorite tips from the program so far:
Day 1: Eat two bananas a day in the morning to help lose weight and keep that New Year’s resolution.
Day 8: Celebrate Elvis Presley’s birthday by eating his favorite sandwich, peanut butter and banana.
Day 22: Did you know the peel is edible? Though you probably want to wash it first. Try it and tell us what you think!
More from FITNESS: The Top 7 Foods for Runners (Hint: One’s a Banana!)