Written on October 12, 2012 at 9:15 am , by Karla Walsh
This week’s fit links from around the web:
- A destination race can be a treat, but don’t let these potential travel pitfalls trip you up. — FitBottomed Girls
- Spice up your workout wardrobe and help a great cause! We can’t wait to try this fun alternative to our faded running shorts. — MizFit Online
- Who hid the Ho-Hos? A new scientific report says it may be possible to decrease obesity rates by making less healthful foods harder to find at the supermarket. — Washington Post
- A bowl of chicken pot pie soup sounds just about perfect with the weather cooling down. Comfort food at its finest! — SkinnyTaste
- Have you heard of HIIT? Here are five ways to try it—and boost your cardio capacity. — Fitnessista
Written on February 2, 2012 at 3:23 pm , by Samantha Shelton
Lindsay is a girl of many trends…workout trends, that is. She loves mixing up her routine and details her journey over at In Sweetness and In Health. We chatted with the dessert-loving blogger to find out how she balances food and exercise cravings, and what 90s song keeps her sweating, even today.
My favorite way to work out: Intervals! I love doing HIIT (high intensity interval training) workouts on the treadmill and I’m obsessed with completing tabatas. I love how challenging, hardcore and quick they are!
My biggest indulgence: Frozen yogurt topped with a lot of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. I could seriously eat that every single day and never get sick of it. The problem (or good thing, depending on how you look at it) with frozen yogurt is that it doesn’t taste super rich, so I always feel like I can eat more!
My gym bag must-haves: My iPod Nano and headphones, Gymboss timer and a heart rate monitor.
My fitness mantra: Find something you enjoy so that fitness becomes a core part of who you are and not just something you do!
Do you have a favorite fit blogger you want us to highlight? Leave a comment below or email firstname.lastname@example.org