When we’re at our desks or at home, having motivational pictures and slogans around make great reminders to stick to our workout plans. But what about when you’re already doing your workout but need an extra boost? These shirts from ViewSPORT may just do the trick.
ViewSPORT shirts have Sweat Activated Technology so that an image becomes clearer as your workout gets tougher. They call it “motivation through perspiration.” We like the tanks that say “I Run You for Breakfast” and “Chase Me” but you can also customize your threads with your own logo or quote.
Now tell us: What would you put on your shirt to push you through a sweat session?
Early morning gym sessions can be hard to get up for, let alone dress for. Sometimes you just can’t put on that hot pink spandex tank! If you are a t-shirt and sweats kind of girl—we all are once in a while!—try reaching for a tee that makes you feel fabulous rather than frumpy! Instead of throwing on an oversized t-shirt that your hubby wears to mow the lawn in, try a cute cropped graphic tee. It is loose enough that you can still have that comfy, just-rolled-out-of-bed-feel, but you look a little more put together and less like you walked in the gym in your pajamas. Pair it with cute yoga pants or cropped leggings, a colored sports bra and your favorite sneaks. The best part is, your tee can double as a fun top to wear while running errands, on a lunch date or even out with friends! Check out some of our favorites:
- Workshop Neon Heart Tee, $20
- Target Love Tee, $13
- Junk Food AC/DC Tee, $32
- Delia’s Turn Up the Volume Tee, $20
- Wildfox Hawaii 79 Harley Tee, $77
More from FITNESS: The Best Moisture-Wicking, High-Tech Workout Tops
A note from FITNESS: We are proud to partner with SparkPeople to provide our readers with even more helpful content.
Specialty workout clothes might not be a necessity to your exercise program, but the sweat-wicking fabrics and body-hugging designs sure can help! A few reasons why:
- Clothes designed for exercise are made for bodies in motion; they’re designed to fit right and stay put when you’re on the go so that you stay comfortable.
- Both high-tech synthetic fabrics, and natural ones such as wool, can help pull sweat away from your body so you stay dry. That means you’ll be cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter—and that’s more than a comfort issue. Regulating body temperature also keeps you safe.
- And beyond functionality, workout clothes are just plain motivating!
Unfortunately, all that motivation comes at a price.
More than 60 percent of SparkPeople members agree that new workout clothes motivate them to exercise, but when asked what they tend to wear during their workouts, a whopping 75 percent wear “any old clothes” they have. The high cost of workout wear is a major deterrent for many.
Luckily, it doesn’t have to be…
More From Spark People: