Written on April 20, 2012 at 10:08 am , by Karla Walsh
Living an eco-friendly lifestyle has become a year-round affair. However, the environment gets a little extra love in April, and on Sunday in particular for Earth Day. Here are four fun ways to mark the holiday this weekend…no composting required (unless you want to, of course)!
- Make a pledge to go green. Plant a garden, unplug appliances you aren’t using, cut a minute off your shower time…it all adds up. Do an “act of green” this weekend and log it at earthday.org to be a part of the Earth Day Network’s Billion Acts of Green.
- Find earth-smart family entertainment at your IMAX theater. Step into the polar bear-filled world—you’ll feel like you should have brought your winter coat to the theater the 3D is so real!—for a virtual trip To The Arctic. The 40-minute film narrated by Meryl Streep shows the struggles animals and wildlife are having in the region as global temperatures rise. It’s sure to spark some interesting family discussions!
- Head to Target for a free reusable shopping bag. On Sunday, the superstore will be handing out 1.5 million totes across the country to encourage visitors to shop more sustainably. Grab one near guest services, and while you’re there, snag a booklet for savings on Earth Month products. For more details, click here.
- Check out page 24 of our April issue for our favorite eco-friendly finds. Whether you’re looking to spruce up your garden, wardrobe or walls, we selected six of our favorite environmentally-conscious and wallet-friendly goodies to feature. Take a look and treat yourself or a pal!
Now tell us: How will you be celebrating Earth Day this weekend?
Written on March 11, 2011 at 12:30 pm , by Marla Horenbein
With St. Patrick’s Day around the corner, the girls here in the fashion department are feeling festive! Irish or not, everyone has a little Irish in them on St. Patty’s Day, right? While you are off eating corned beef and cabbage, downing a Guinness and snacking on some Lucky Charms, here are a few of our favorite things (lucky #13 to be exact) to keep you in the spirit! All things green of course!
1. Old Navy Linen Moto Jacket $35
2. Hurley Good Band St. Patty’s Day Tee $22
3. Reebok Premier ZigFly Sneakers $99
4. Oakley Beckon Sunglasses $110
5. Adidas Boston Marathon Glide Shorts $36
6. Helly Hansen Faerder Reversible Jacket $130
7. Madewell Silky Swing Dress $128
8. Puma Loop Neon Watch $50
9. TOMS Classic Camo Slip-On
10. Sydney Evan Yellow-Gold & Diamond Clover on African Opal Bracelet $825
11. Top Shop Marissa Bag by Orelia $300
12. Yogi Toes Groovy Skidless Yoga Towel $64
13. Patagonia Down Vest $150