Written on November 24, 2011 at 12:00 pm , by Samantha Shelton
Audrey Hepburn once said, “laughter is the best calorie burner,” and Alyssa from Life of Blyss proves that’s true every day. This 20-something communications coordinator is an avid runner, customizes wine glasses and gives back to her community. Read on to find out more about why we love her, and why you will too.
I’m happiest when I’m: Fist-pumping to a great Chris Brown song on an equally great run!
Most embarrassing song I’ll admit I work out to: I’m a shameless Glee fan, and I’ve been known to blast some Hanson and Jesse McCartney on my runs. And I love it!
My biggest indulgence: Brownies. I could eat an entire bowl of brownie batter and be the happiest little kid in the whole entire world.
On my fit life list: Let me give it to you in a list!
- Run a sub-1:36 half-marathon.
- Run a half-marathon for Team Hoyt, an organization in which I’d push an autistic child in a wheelchair.
- Run as a pacer for a half or full marathon.
- Run a sub-3:36 marathon.
- Run a race with my puppy, Chloe!
My biggest motivator: My motivation comes from the fact that I run for me and no one else (other than raising money for charities and good causes). I grew up having to run for field hockey, and as a result, I hated it. Now, I run because I want to be healthy and fit…and I love it.
Do you have a favorite fit blogger you want us to highlight? Leave a comment below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Written on September 19, 2011 at 11:47 am , by Marianne Magno
Our October issue with Glee‘s Heather Morris hits newsstands this week and tomorrow is the hit show’s season premiere, so what better way to celebrate by working out to some of the show’s best beats? Here’s a list of our favorite tunes to move to:
- “Bust a Move,” Glee Cast Version
- “Don’t Stop Believin‘,” Glee Cast Version
- “Jump,” Glee Cast Version
- “My Life Would Suck Without You,” Glee Cast Version
- “Physical,” Glee Cast Version featuring Olivia Newton-John
- “Dream On,” Glee Cast Version featuring Neil Patrick Harris
- “Bad Romance,” Glee Cast Version
- “Forget You,” Glee Cast Version featuring Gwyneth Paltrow
- “River Deep, Mountain High,” Glee Cast Version
- “Sing,” Glee Cast Version
Tell us: Which Glee songs are your favorites?