Did you know…
- One in four adults across the globe live on less than $1 a day, making even daily essentials hard to afford
- Feet with cuts can easily get infected by ground debris, and these infections can become life-threatening
- In 2011, Americans tossed more than 300 million pairs of shoes
For these reasons and more (including our need to replace our gym flip-flops and gear up for summer!), we were pumped to hear about a new partnership with the non-profit Soles4Souls and Planet Flops. For each pair of the $28 sandals sold online, Planet Flops will donate another pair to those in need here in the U.S. and in developing countries including Haiti, India and Sudan.
Another neat way to help the cause: Download the new all-star country song “The Choice” by artists including Kellie Pickler, LeAnn Rimes, Keith Urban and more. All proceeds from the song go directly to help put shoes on feet of those without. Click here for a sample and/or to download.
And for more about Souls4Soles and other organizations that will help your fitness gear find a new life, check out this recent recycling roundup from our friends at FitSugar!
More from FITNESS:
- The FITNESS 2012 Sneaker Guide
- Get Fit On a Budget: 10 Ways to Save Money While Staying Fit
- Injury-Proof Your Shoes