Written on April 14, 2011 at 9:58 am , by Lisa Haney
Last week I met Patricia Field, Academy Award-nominated and Emmy Award-winning fashion and costume designer known for her work in Sex and the City, The Devil Wears Prada and Ugly Betty, at a press event for U by Kotex. Patricia partnered with the company for their Ban the Bland online design contest*, where girls can submit their own designs for restyling fem care products for the chance to work with Patricia personally and attend Fashion Week in New York City. She also designed a limited edition of carrying tins (perfect for fashionably stashing compact tampons and liners in a gym bag or purse) for the brand that will be available in July.
I found out Patricia loves to swim, so I asked her to share a few more of her good living secrets with FITNESS readers.
- My favorite way to workout: Swimming, because 1.) It is complete exercise including strength, movement and muscle toning. 2.) It produces a lean body. 3.) I personally enjoy it.
- Dressing for the gym is all about… Function. I wear a simple tank suit and bathing cap.
- My body confidence secret: Good genes. Active lifestyle and work style. Daily oil and salt baths.
- The key to a healthy life: A healthy diet, which is high in protein, low in fat and low in carbs. Activity. Intellectual stimulation.
- I’m happiest when… I am with friends, challenged creatively or when I am learning new information.
Good stuff—though I’m wondering how she gets all that fabulous red hair into a bathing cap!
*For everyone who submits or likes a design online, $1 goes to Girls For A Change, a non-profit that empowers girls to create social change in their communities.